Thursday, August 16, 2012

And the pictures are BACK!

You know you've been lagging when your cousin mentions that you haven't been posting pretty pictures on your blog. Especially when your cousin isn't a blogger and therefore has gone out of her way to kindly encourage this ridiculous little hobby of mine so here you go, Heidi!

I think the problem was that I needed to get away so earlier this week the boy and I made a weekend out of Monday and Tuesday and went to visit some of the most lovely people in my life. On Monday we got to spend the afternoon with a dear friend of both of ours up in Davis, CA. And then from there we went on to Sacramento, CA to visit several lovelies including some friends from High School/my time at community college as well as the aforementioned cousin. It was a crazy couple days as the greater Sac area is about 3 hours from home but oh, it was so worth it!

I feel a bit refreshed which seems odd since Sacramento is the hottest place ever! Okay, it was seriously 107 there and it's been like 70 every day here (and that's a generous average.) However, it was nice to get away,  have some great conversation with Nick in the car, see my loves, eat good food, drink good coffee, and simply enjoy life and the blessings that God has put in it for a couple days. I forget how much a little trip like that can really do for one's soul so stay tuned, maybe this girl will travel a bit more! 

None of the below photos are edited because I'm lazy so maybe you'll see them again someday but prettier. Also, there will probably be another post of Sac pics because I don't want you to explode too much.

Starting the journey! Still close to home because the sweater is on and the hair is down.

I love cows!

I seriously got WAY too excited over these windmills!


All you can eat Sushi!!! All you can eat!! This place is in Davis and you need to go. I actually gagged because of the amount of sushi I ate. I'm not ashamed. $14 well spent by the boyfriend. 

Sweet potato fries at Jack's Urban Eats. A fabulous restaurant recommendation by Ali.

Upon realizing that all of my photos were food I took some pictures of the plants near out table.

Love the color of this little guy.

Okay guys, you have to believe that this was one of the COOLEST coffee shops I've ever been to. I'd go so far as to say that it was MAGICAL! Thanks cousin for sharing this little gem with us! It's called Coffee Garden and the below photos show some of the amazingness!

My delightful iced coffee in a "for here" cup. Love that.

For some reason I loved this little pull cord for the light above us.

There are TWINKLE LIGHTS!

The big dinning room style table that we sat at to enjoy our time. 

A lion fountain at a coffee shop, shut up.

What a future home for Nick will probably look like.

Reminds me of high school bio studying chloroplasts and such.

For Pro. Sharon should she ever find my blog.

Because Heidi told me to take a picture of this...It was in a planter box on our way to the car.

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well."
Psalm 139:4

I'll share a bit about a book that has really encouraged me in the past week or so in my next post, that verse is a big part of the book. 

I hope you are all doing beautifully! What are some of your favorite places to go to recharge? Feel free to share some ideas and stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment