Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Confessions

Hello, friends!

No more apologizing for irregularity of posting because, frankly, no one cares. Not I, not you, not random strangers. 

Now that that's out of the way, I can say Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I myself had a pretty nice one, I hope you did also. I went to the beach, took some pictures, and went out to dinner with my roommate. It was nice. Then we drank a bottle of Red Moscato and I turned in because I had to work black Friday which leaves us at a great place to start confessions....

1. Black Friday shoppers are largely the meanest group of individuals that I've ever met. Holy cow! Obviously, this does not include every person so please do not say "I shop black Friday and I am very nice." I'm sure you are. However, aggregate that descended on my place of work was a mean and crazy mob with no regard for the people working or the other shoppers and therefore I fully intend to keep with tradition and not be a black Friday shopper myself. To make up for that I ate chipotle for dinner and had a beer.

2. I had my first day of my new job on Wednesday and it was more amazing than expected! Co-workers were all super nice and I have a cubicle/desk that I get to decorate. Also, I can pretty much wear anything in my wardrobe because the main restriction on the dress code is no holes in your clothing. An excuse for colored jeans? Don't mind if I do.

3. This confession is tied to the second. I had given up shopping for clothes for myself until my birthday, which is in 2 weeks because of financial reasons. However, since I now have 2 jobs, that sort of doesn't matter as much so I may have bought 2 pairs of jeans, one a replacement for my Levi's, one another random brand. That never happens! (One is peacock green, I'll take a picture.) I usually can't find jeans that fit that well that easily! Also, a got a cute little open and flowy sweater and a silky shell. All except the Levi's that I picked up at JCP were from Nordstrom Rack so I wouldn't know where to find a picture online.

4. I have not been exercising, and yet I've lost 1 full pants size. Hence the new Levi's, because my old ones were too loose and lightly colored for new job, and 1 cup size. The confession here is that I'm more excited about the loss of a cup size. That's right folks, it just got real on here. I was so excited to get to look for new jeans closer to my previous size that I kinda went crazy!

5. I went to a dress up party with my roommate on Wednesday night and for the first time ever, I wasn't excited to dress up. I need to confess this because that is just so not me! Also, I must confess that I took off my heels and walked around the mall barefoot. That's gross but they're 5 inches and we walked a lot more than expected. I did still dress up, but I cheated by wearing a knit dress because they're the most comfortable things ever.
Tell me about your week!


2 comments:

  1. I recently had to buy new pants for the same reason! Lost weight without really any exercise. Love when that happens. :)

    This was my first year to NOT work Thanksgiving weekend. Until the two years ago I worked in retail. So when I did go out shopping this weekend, I made sure to be really respectful! I hated working during the holidays and all those rude shoppers!

    MotivatedMadison.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I experienced my first Black Friday shopping in America and it was so crazy! I was shocked to see all the people freak out because of some bargains!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete