Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sometimes life gets in the way


Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging, that is. 

And you know what? I LOVE it! These past few weeks have been utter chaos from the moment that my first long-lost (by that I mean too far-away living) friend came back into town and now 2 of the favorite friends are in town for a short time so I'm sorry blogging, but they're better than you.

Not better than the amazing people out there in blogland, they're just my people. My people who are present and I fully believe in living with the people who are presently around you because there will always be lovely people to keep in touch with from afar. 

I probably won't be around much if at all until next week as both of my lovely friends are leaving to go on grand adventures and Nick will be working probably a fair amount so it'll be me and the internet. I do have lovely friends here in town, just not ones I spend marathon days with and ignore my duty to take excessive photos with.

Here are some photos of the amazing things we've been up to!

I went to the Greek Festival in Monterey on Monday with my fantastic boyfriend and my lovely friend Chelsea. The following photos are from that.



The lovely Chelsea and I enjoying our Greek coffee


My hand looking enormous holing the tiny (probably 2-4oz) Greek coffee.
Chelsea and Nick, bros for life.

 Nick took this photo and it shows off my awesome scarf!

Spanikopita, go get some. It's heaven on Earth.

Loukoumades, ah!

Of course after the freakishly hot day at the Greek festival we had to stop by our favorite coffee shop and get some iced drinks to cool off and be silly/have fun.

Photo by Chelsea

So proud that Nick now drinks coffee, black too!

I will make a sequel to my first photobook one of these days.

Chelsea really is that cute all the time, it's okay to be jealous because she's so nice.

*Not pictures here is the J. Crew jacket I got a t consignment store right after this for $36. It's still on sale there for $148! Photos coming soon!

The photos below are from yesterday when I got to spend the best day in a long while with two of the loveliest women I know, we shopped, drank coffee, had beer and fries and it was absolutely glorious! 
First dinner/lunch at Wild Plum


Susanne's sandwich, Mediterranean, so beautiful.

My grilled four-cheese veggie style and Americano.

The best friends anyone could ask for. I am a blessed woman. Also, we're all wearing cream. It is love. (Scarf I'm wearing is Chelsea's, I want it.) We were at a pub in Monterey, sorry for the terrible lighting.

Then we ate these. Chili fries, Curry fries (by far the favorite, so ridiculously good!), and Classic thick-cut chips! We felt ill but so worth it! We also had beers and dessert because we're awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment