Tonight I had a silly but provocative conversation with the boyfriend and a friend about how ridiculous we are in finding meaning in photographs.
As both an artist and a scientist I find conflict in this idea because I do love art, especially photography, however, we(all people of the art world of any sort) can be ridiculously pretentious in the true value of a photo.
The following is our satire of photography. These photos are not intended to "say" anything, they're not intended to be beautiful, they are a bit of a way of reminding us all that art is subjective and insane.
Honestly, I don't remember who took each photo so credit goes to myself, Nick, and Kevin.
Please feel free to make up pretentious captions and/or messages that you feel any or all of the photos are conveying. Enjoy!
All of the photos were taken at East Village Coffee Lounge in Monterey. I cannot for the life of me find the name of the artist whose photos are on the wall but I have no desire to disrespect him so sir, if you should see this, please let me know and I will give you ample credit for your work.
No comments:
Post a Comment