After a much too long hiatus I have broken out the art supplies! Now, don't get your hopes up too high guys, I am an amateur. The important part being that I did SOMETHING! Yay Stephanie! I was thinking about how I just really wanted to get some color on a canvas and go with it. I have been thinking that as much as I love my black and white drawings I want to play with color more and here's the result of today's escapades with paint. Not exactly a Monet, but I think the colors are pretty.

Step 1: I decided to try using a base color because I have a tendency to only paint things in a rainbow pattern so I thought if I gave myself a base color I might find more of a theme. Not so much, but I think it looks nice peeking out.
Finished project on my high class artist's easel(?). I finally cleaned my room enough to spread out on the floor and paint on a box. Classy, I know but you gotta work with what you got and I have a room in my parents' house for the summer so this is how I paint.
It was kinda funny how the design came to be because I was going to try to paint some swirls like I draw but obviously that didn't work since paint and pens are completely different. My plan was to blot them like a Rorschach ink blot but the paint didn't blot well on the canvas board. Then I tried painting more swirls, overlapping them and well, this is what happened.
The word and scroll work was an afterthought. I realized that this picture looked much like the last one I had done despite VERY different means to the end and I thought that it looked a bit like chaos, but in the best way so I wrote "peace" because we all need a little more anyway! My painting of letters is a bit grotesque but hey, I'm like a kindergartner as far as art goes so I don't mind too much.
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
-Proverbs 31:30
No comments:
Post a Comment