Thursday, July 21, 2011

πάσχω

 As of late I have been feeling a lot more introspective. Essentially that just means that I have been more aware of my own thought processes and feeling and a bit more of why I feel them. I have realized that I am an incredibly emotional person, which is no shock to anyone who knows me well, but I feel that it is more than simply being "emotional." I think that it is passion that I am feeling whether good or bad. I think that from now on I shall use the term passionate to replace emotional. If I love something I could tell you for hours how much I love it (just ask me about my boyfriend or best friend) and if I don't care for it I am really off-put by it generally (ask me about avocados).  


The lettering in the middle is the Greek word paskho which is what is most often translated "passion" in the bible. I have been really obsessed with biblical (New Testament) Greek lately and that's why it's in Greek, can't really give any profound reason other than I am intrigued to have a glimpse into how so many historical events were documented.


As I mentioned with my other painting, my painting of letters needs work but I don't think it turned out too terribly. The biggest issue is that my practice paper size didn't end up happening on the canvas board so it's a bit off center but someday I can tell people I did it on purpose for artistic effect. Haha! I know, likely story, right? 

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion."
-Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

No comments:

Post a Comment