Okay, so maybe the title is a bit of a misnomer...I didn't really go to the rain forest. But, I did go to Night Life at the California Academy of Sciences with my boyfriend a couple weeks ago and they have an indoor rain forest! If you haven't been, you need to ASAP! If you are over 21 and don't really want small children attacking you Night Life is a great option. They have drinks available for purchase, I had a cantaloupe margarita which was amazing, but you definitely don't have to drink. And it is sweet because it's $12 for tickets and the event lasts 4 hours so you really have a lot of time to look at things for the cost.
This is the rain forest from the outside! It's like 4 floors tall and super humid inside. They made it pretty realistic in my opinion. However, I have never been to the rain forest. Who wants to take me?
Little pond thing inside the Academy. Love the colors.
Some trees inside the rain forest!
Looking down a couple floors in the rain forest. What looks like a black hole at the bottom is actually a big aquarium of rain forest aquatic life which leads into the main aquarium at the Academy.
Another cool looking tree in the rain forest. Not too many animals wanted to hang out with us that night unfortunately.
A finch? Inside the rain forest on the top level. There are rumored to be big parrots but I've never seen any. There were also butterflies hanging out. They actually make sure that no butterflies try to leave with you when you leave.
View up from the bottom floor which is under the big aquarium!
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival." -C.S. Lewis







No comments:
Post a Comment