Guys, I have to tell you something.
One of my biggest plans in taking some time off before grad school was to really nurture my creative side.
I really want to read, paint, draw, take photos, learn about all of these arts and really express myself through them and grow closer to God in the knowledge of the beauty that He creates.
Not a confession, yet.
Here's the confession. I have been utterly FAILING at this! I know that it's only been a month and a half but really, this is unacceptable and I need you guys to keep me accountable for letting myself out through this expression.
I really encourage you to do the same! There's something to satisfying about just squeezing out some colors out onto a canvas and moving them around until you've found something beautiful in them.
Below are some lack luster photos of my weekend. It was a beautiful weekend, I didn't do it justice in photo form.
Stuck in traffic along Highway 1 between Salinas and SC.
Some cute mailboxes along the highway.
Tomato and mozzarella brushetta that the boy and I made for dinner Saturday with my favorite summer veggie, zucchini!
The reason I want to live in SC, the view from one of Nick's friend's house. Nick's friend is moving to CO so we went to see him off on his new journey and spent a little while on the incredible observation deck!
I hope all is well for you all. I would love to hear a little more about who you are! Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail to introduce yourself and leave a url for your blog and I've love to check it out!
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit."
-Psalm 34:18
No comments:
Post a Comment