What to do when you sleep 4.5 hours longer than intended? Write a blog. After finally getting myself out of bed, dressed, and coffeed(yes, I am a grammar offender) while listening to my Bon Iver pandora station because I finally jumped onto that bandwagon and accepted that they are perfect blog writing music and my "Set Fire to the Rain" station had been inundated by a bunch of 10 year old pop that I like but was not wanting to hear. (Not even sure that paragraph makes any sense but I'm not fixing it.)
Today I felt like sharing some photos of the beach from yesterday. I hope you don't mind seeing some photos of gray Carmel, CA.
Didn't think so!
Cute little chipmunk! I have told Nick that when I pull out my camera and snap photos like I've never seen a place before to just tell everyone that I'm from Canada. Although now I am realizing that Canada is probably much more scenic than Carmel so maybe someplace in the middle of America without beaches would be more suiting?
In any case, I play the "tourist at home" role well.
*This photo has been enhanced so that you can't tell how pale I am.*
Nick's goal in going to the beach was to get his feet warm in the sand. It was pretty cold but the sand was still nice so I thought I'd share this to make you all jealous. Hate me, I don't currr. (Bad Bay Area slang being used by a white girl. Check!)
Sea glass washed up! So pretty, I wanted to keep it but it was pretty so I wanted other people to see it too so I just took a picture.
The water had a green tint, gross or awesome? You decide.
I never get tired of this view! So incredibly blessed that this is 30 mins from my house!
First try for a photo together and it doesn't suck? We'll take it!
Photo courtesy of Nick.
The following photos are of a dog that I don't know. I saw it when we got there and thought it was the cutest dog and knew that he wanted to be my friend but I didn't want to steal it so immediately in front of the owner. Later, this little cutie came to visit Nick and I as we sat in the sand.
To this dog's owner: If you happen to stumble upon this blog please don't hate me for photographing your dog, he's just so cute!
This was totally "from the hip" also known as creeper photography. I didn't want to be too obvious about my photographing the dog but he just needed his picture taken and I got this! I told Nick that I should be a pro. dog creeper photographer and he agreed.
Seriously, don't you just want to hug him?!
I hope you are all enjoying your day! My plans include going to a coffee shop and reading, most probably. I've been reading Jane Eyre for the first time and I love it! I managed to never read it in High School because apparently my teachers hated me.
Also, I plan to have some quiet time (time with God) because I haven't been doing that nearly as much as I should and my soul feels it. Have you ever experienced that?
Have a blessed and beautiful weekend, folks!















oh i would LOVE a saturday at a beach. So jealous :) xo-Magen
ReplyDelete