Below are some photos taken in my very own hometown of Salinas, CA.
Salinas sits along the Central Coast in Monterey County, Roughly 120 miles south of SF. It's population is roughly 150,000 but you'd think it was a little farm town.
Salinas is not well known by many but those who have heard of it know of three things:
1. Steinbeck
2. Gangs
3. Produce
I'm only really down with #3 so here are some photos of the beautiful fields!
The first two photos were actually the same file cropped differently. I just felt that that shot lent itself particularly well to a long landscape shot.
Those would be tractor tire marks in the foreground and lettuce in the field.
Honestly, I'm not sure what the purpose of this is.
If you live in Central CA you probably get a lot of your lettuce from these fields.
I want to say this is a tiller? If anyone knows please enlighten me.
Personal favorite of the day.
I tried everything in my power to edit that car out of the photo but no such luck.
Goodnight little lettuce.
Just as the sun set over the fields. Sometimes Salinas has redeeming qualities.
All of the above photos were taken within a 10min radius of my parents' house.
Sometimes it is easy to dismiss our hometowns because we go off to new and better things but while I am re-acclimating to Salinas life I am trying to appreciate the beauty of a town that is not bustling with excitement. It's hard, but I think that this is all a lesson in patience. A lesson that I do not want to learn but will serve me well.
Has anyone ever been to Salinas? What sorts of things have you heard?
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the
testing of your faith produces steadfastness."
-James 1:2-3 (ESV) My life verse if I had to have one
P.S. Please tell me someone got the Alan Jackson song reference.
If not, please listen to this.
P.S. Please tell me someone got the Alan Jackson song reference.
If not, please listen to this.










No comments:
Post a Comment