Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I am not a blogger.

My name is Stephanie and I am not a blogger.

Obviously, that statement is misleading because I have a blog.

 However, I do not consider myself a blogger. I have had my blog for over 1 year and have a total of 10 followers. I cherish each one of you for sticking with me as I have gone through the last year. In that year I have learned about life, photography, faith, and so much more. Over the past year plans have been made and have changed and I have been constantly reminded that I am not in control.

 However, there are times when I wonder if I should keep doing this because I know that I can't dedicate the time that others do to their blogs and that my blog will simply never look like those or get the followers/comments/attention that others do.

I don't have "ad space" or host "guest posts."

I don't have fantastic photos from my years abroad or a cute little apartment with my hubby (probably because I don't have a hubby). I also don't have fabulous outfit posts because I wear the same olive green sweater from forever 21 over a t-shirt at least 3x a week. 

Why am I doing this then? I'm honestly not sure most days. However, this gives me a little bit of a feeling that I have a voice. Even though I don't have a large following I am able to be a follower to other blogs. I have been able to share encouragement to others and validate the fact that they have a voice and a friend here on the internet.

I'm not sure why I felt a need to post this today but I just wanted to get it out there that I realize that I am not a "real" blogger.

 I am a college student/girlfriend/best friend/bible study leader/member services representative that happens to have a blog.

I thank you all for taking the time to stop by and I hope that in the future I can get a bit more involved in this world and get to know more of the wonderful people out there.

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."


No comments:

Post a Comment