Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunsets and red lipstick

The sunset pictures are pictures that I took Winter Quarter in Santa Cruz, CA visiting my boyfriend. We were driving back from Downtown and saw possibly the most picturesque sunset I've experienced. My boyfriend and I looked at each other and he pulled over because he knew we couldn't miss it. He has an eye for pictures as well but like me, has no training and a point and shoot camera so unfortunately we weren't able to get any truly amazing pictures but I think you'll get the idea. 


This one is my favorite. We just so happened to be driving by this little meadow that I've never found particularly appealing until that evening. There has been no re-touching of any kind on any of these pictures. Barbed wire never looked quite so elegant.

I love this one because it really does justice to the massiveness of the pure uninterrupted sunset.  


Here we start to see the purple that will eventually become the night sky enter. I think this is my second favorite because it is so perfectly shadowed. 


This was my last shot because it was getting dark but I think it turned out beautifully. This was taken from across the street so there is more grass which I think makes it interesting. I love Santa Cruz because it has so many unique environments tucked away in such a small out of the way place. All in this same weekend we were surrounded by redwood forests while hiking, playing at the beach, strolling Pacific Avenue, eating in some of my favorite restaurants, drinking great coffee, and of course, taking pictures!

Obviously in this picture I was not prepared for a photo shoot of any sort but I thought I would make at least a mention of makeup to appease my roommate, Sara of Your Face Your Canvas. 

While visiting my home during Easter weekend, the boy and I were able to sneak in some exploring time. While roaming Monterey we decided to go to the mall before we went to eat at Hula's, one of our favorite restaurants. While at the mall I of course wandered into the makeup section of Macy's where I was presented with lip color that claimed it would last 8 hours. Of course I had to try it, though now I cannot remember what it was. In any case, it came out much more red on my already heavily pigmented lips than expected. Thankfully, I had minimal other makeup on so I decided to work it. I was sold if it lasted 8 hours through dinner and dessert. It lasted about halfway through my spicy tofu tacos but was a pretty color none the less. I will not be going back to find it since it didn't last but it does re-ignite my interest in finding a great long-lasting red lip color.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. -1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment