Monday, April 18, 2011

NYC sort of day

 In 2008 I went to New York with my high school choir. It was on that trip that I decided that even though I just have a little Sony cybershot camera that I wanted to start dabbling with taking pictures. I am by no means even a novice photographer, just someone who sees something pretty and wants to remember it. I don't know anything about method but I have managed to get some great dumb luck shots so I am hoping you will enjoy my little trip down memory lane as well as a look into my artistic foundations. 2008 was a good year for me artistically because it was a time of discovery. I was graduating high school and trying to figure out who I wanted to be in the post-high school world. Enjoy!

The photo above was taken out of a moving bus but I loved the scene so I tried.



When I took this I was aiming for the squirrel but he ran at the last minute but then I liked the rest of it and it has been one of my favorites since.

Also out of a moving bus window. 
I loved the old and new coming together in the cathedral and corporate sky scraper.

John Lennon memorial across from his NYC apartment

This was taken from our dinner cruise boat. I loved the perfect timing of the light in the torch.


For posterity's sake. My best friend, Susanne(left), and me(right). My mouth is closed in an attempt to hide the braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment