These are a few pictures that I've worked on over the past couple years.
This one is hanging on my wall. I worked on it for several months in my spare time and I think it is one of my favorites so far. The details are what I think makes me feel so close to it. The medium is gel pen on drawing paper. The lady at the stationary store looked at me like I was crazy when I bought all of the pen refills and mentioned that I used them for drawing since I use a really bold. 1.0mm pen to do it with.
This is something I made for one of my really good friends, Ali. She told me she wanted me to make something for her wall and so I decided to experiment. I wanted it to be bright and fun and exciting, just like her. This one is on canvas, it was my first real experience with stretched canvas. It is 16x20 and it makes its presence known on her wall.
This is a new sort of experiment. My grammie got me some books called Zentangle and they are basically a step by step guide to cool geometric patterns. It is still a work in progress but it's a new endeavor for me so I thought I'd share.
This is my only "real" drawing that I can say I'm proud of. I drew this the summer after I graduated high school and I feel like it turned out pretty well. I actually turned my inspiration picture upside down and put grid lines on it to help me best replicate it. I feel like when I look at something and try to draw it I am trying too hard to make it look like the item rather than drawing what I see. By turning it upside down you really only copy the lines and forms of the object.
Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:
Post a Comment