Guess who finally made time to paint?! This girl! This is far from a masterpiece but there is something very relaxing about turning an off-white piece of canvas into something fun. I was thinking a lot last week about how senioritis is killing my drive for school. However, I don't really know if it's senioritis or just that I'm a lazy student...in any case, I've needed encouragement to keep going. I knew I wanted to pick a work and put it on a canvas and I wanted one all of my roommates wouldn't mind seeing every day. I decided on perseverance. According to the nice folks at dictionary.com perseverance means, "steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state,etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, ordiscouragement." This seems appropriate for a dorm so I went for it. Anyway, this is the progression of my little painting.
Going from off-white to blueish. There was a power outage so I was painting by flashlight at this time, hence the dark photo. The power outage was its own adventure but it was nice to paint in the dim lighting.
Gotta show off my tools
I am so blessed to have a Grammie who gives me really nice paint to work with! I didn't have to buy any of my own paint and it's better than I could afford anyway!
Finishing up the background! I was having fun with the school camera that I had checked out.
nearing the end! I was going to put the definition under the word but it wouldn't have fit. Then my roommate and I came up with the idea to put the synonyms under it.
The casualties.
One should always sign and date their work.
The finished product! The colors look weird in this photo, they actually look more like the other pictures, oh well. I hope you enjoy and that this brings you a bit of inspiration as those of us on the quarter system are winding up/down for the end.
"17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 prayingat all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel," Ephesians 6:17-19 (ESV)








No comments:
Post a Comment