Sunset is always my favorite time of day on the West Coast. I love that it seems that everyone slows down to take in the beauty that is so magnificently displayed for us particularly along the Pacific Ocean. I have been known to drop everything and chase the sunset if I am free and particularly if I have my camera. I think capturing the beauty is near impossible and therefore I view it as a perpetual challenge. The following photos were taken in Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA in December. I love that I can spend the day along the ocean with my boyfriend in December where we are blessed enough to live.
This photo was taken by Nick. I am so in love with it! That is my silhouette. I climbed down into the bushes a bit to get in the photo but I'd say it was worth it.
I love the rocks in Carmel. I've always felt that rocks and the ocean are the perfect combination. The fact that the hills and forests are also visible from this point along Ocean Drive just makes my heart explode a bit.
The colors were phenomenal but unfortunately I had to touch these up a bit to recreate the colors that we actually saw since my camera is amazing but the super low light is difficult for any camera.
Pseudo-panoramic. Not true panoramic size but I was having fun with the isweep mode.
These were the colors we were actually seeing. So beautiful. I love this huge view that we got.
This house has always been one that I've coveted. I know I shouldn't but it's just so amazing! There is a guy that can often be seen with a telescope in that amazing bay window overlooking the ocean. I bet you're a little jealous now too, right?
These last two were actually taken first from a different view so the sun was not quite as far down hence the more pink and blue sky. I loved the water in this one, so majestic.
I cannot stand how amazing the sky was here! The waves were so gentle and the tide washing in and out was so smooth that it really reflected the sky amazingly. I just love it.
I just love to see the Master Painter at work. I am amazed constantly that God has given us so much beauty to behold in this world and I find great peace in the simple things such as the sunset on the ocean that can make this crazy world seem so right and so much like it was intended to be.
"And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all
mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove
mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2








No comments:
Post a Comment