Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

This past Thursday was my 22nd birthday and so I'd like to share some of my favorite photos from my celebrations with everyone.


Coffee Cookie Dream (Coffee ice cream with oreos and cookie dough) Sundae. I could have died, it was the best ice cream ever!

I really did eat pretty much the whole thing.

The ice cream oddly enough was not from a "Birthday Celebration" per se, it was from a group outing with friends that happened to be on the day before my birthday and so they sang to me and it was really fun!


The following pictures are from my birthday outing out Night Life at the Cal Academy Of Science


 My boyfriend is a Saint. He didn't complain at all about me standing around taking 30945435 pictures of butterflies in the rain forest. I think they turned out really good, so I'm glad I looked like and idiot for a while.

Nick and I on the bottom level of the Rain Forest. A nice passerby saw me looking dumb trying to get a picture and took pity on us and took the photo for us.

Love this fish, it was huge! 

Enjoying the environmentally friendly, biodegradable, residue-free "snow" they had inside (Hope I got the description right!). I have never seen falling snow so this was very exciting to me, even if it was basically bubbles.

The theme for the evening was SF Streets. These pictures show off the amazing art they had on display!

This was the theme of the exhibit. Such amazing detail!

My personal favorite. The corner read "Rise for what you believe in! Don't stop til you yet it."

I think there is something really magical about good street art. I think it challenges the viewer to look beyond what we typically think of as art and accept creativity and a new and challenging way that is inventive and reaches a new group of artists and art lovers.

Just me petting a mouse, no big deal...not weird at all...

Nick took this. I like it because you can see my cute shoes!

Reminds me of Aztec historic art like one would see at a fabulous museum in Mexico but it is done in street art style1

This was so amazing in person! I want to have this in my home.

Baby tortoise that I wanted until I remembered that they are stinky to keep as pets. 

Hope you enjoyed! A special thanks to the many amazing people who helped make this birthday really amazing! You all are fantastic and life wouldn't be the same without you.

"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well."
Voltaire


No comments:

Post a Comment