Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some fancy race at Laguna Seca

This summer has been amazingly blessed in that I have gotten to do a lot of things and go a lot of places that I haven't gone before or am getting another chance at. New to this summer was watching a race at Laguna Seca Raceways in Monterey, CA. My boyfriend's aunt had free tickets that her immediate family couldn't use so she offered them to us! To be honest, neither of us know or particularly care about racing. We like looking at the pretty cars and Lord knows I love an opportunity to take pictures! We didn't pay much attention to the races, mostly looked at cars, walked around and took pictures! 

Too adorable not to share! Not sure what this car is or any of that but it has eyes!

Not sure what this thing does but it certainly looks cool! 

I don't know much about cars but I know that this is a Ferrari and that I wouldn't mind owning one.

How amazing is this?! I just imagine it being the 1940's (without war and racism, just the class and style) and this is what picks you up from the Broadway Show you just saw in beautiful NYC. I can dream, right?

I don't know if the leather straps are functional but they are really interesting. Nick loves Porsche's so there's probably a lot of pictures of them in here. I'm a Jaguar fan myself. Or really any pretty, dependable car that comes in red or charcoal.

Is it weird that this reminds me of the Chronicles of Narnia? I would buy that car simply because of that emblem on the side, just so I could roar whenever I wanted and then I could tell people that my car told me to!

Yes please. (Wishing it was mine)

I know nothing about engines but this just looked so awesome! My dad's a mechanic, maybe I should learn about it.

Beautiful sky in Monterey

One of the few driving shots that turned out good. How awesome is that car?

Because most of the cars there were imports there were British flags everywhere. I happened to be standing below this one and thought, wow, that's kinda pretty. I took several attempts at American flags but they didn't turn out as pretty so that's on my list of good photos to take.

Nick and I loved this car. Watching the old cars drive fast was kinda funny because you just don't usually associate people in fire suits and classic cars.

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear,  slow to speak,  slow to anger;  for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” James :19-20 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. wow I love these fancy cars so cute! I love the different designs, some are so vintage looking. I'm sure my boys would love these too. Great pictures, it's such a fun experience!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog, really appreciate it, have a great weekend!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete