Thursday, May 19, 2011

I love California

Sorry for the delay in posting, things have been chaos this week! Now that there's a bit of a reprieve I wanted to share some pictures from Santa Cruz as promised! Being my brilliant self I forgot my camera on this trip so all pictures were taken with my boyfriend's camera. I took most of the ones posted but obviously any of me he took as well as some scenery shots. He has a great eye and I love the pictures he takes..just not the ones where I am doing stupid things. I believe Nick's camera is basically a slightly fancier than mine point and shoot and takes about equal pictures except that his camera has better zoom and more megapixels and mine has better natural light settings.

 I want a fancy camera so bad! 

I take a little trip down memory lane every time I see a banana slug. In case you weren't aware, if you kiss a banana slug it makes your lips numb because of a toxin that they produce and excrete through their skin. At 6th grade science camp we were able to try this and we even got a "Banana slug club" card if we kissed them. I'm certain there's a picture somewhere of my 6th grade self kissing one that brings back fond memories. Also, I can't help but think of my best friend and laugh at the thought of her wearing my bright yellow rain poncho as a banana slug costume for our science camp skit. In short, I love banana slugs. When I saw this one I stopped and took several pictures of it.

This is somewhere between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay. My boyfriend suggested that we drive up the coast a bit and look around, take some pictures. He is great. This was on one side of the highway and on the other was a spectacular view of the pacific ocean.

 This is the boyfriend. He was just sitting like that while I was taking pictures so I decided to take one of him. Also it shows the awesome blend of beach and mountains that one can find in Northern California.

My boyfriend took this one. He likes the sepia setting on his camera a lot. Beautiful landscape here, Love the way he captured the rocks and the waves.



Yet ANOTHER beautiful pond along the side of the highway. Can't beat this area for breathtaking meadows. 


I believe I took this one. My boyfriend scoped out some amazing places to stop and this was one of them. We basically drove north stopping at anyplace that promised a good view and well, this definitely had an amazing one! Fortunately or unfortunately it was cold. There were few people to ruin my shots but also we couldn't really do much other than take pictures because it was too cold to walk around for long.

My boyfriend took this one of me being silly. the background is amazing!

Yet another AMAZING beach we came across. This is one of my favorites because Nick looks really cool and the landscape is almost unreal.


Not sure why this one got blurry in posting here but it was too good of a view not to put up. Not sure who took this one.

One of these days I am going to find a way to climb down to that amazing little secluded beach and have a picnic there because it was too amazing. What you can't see in these is that the rock and we are standing on is actually another cliff type thing that looks amazing from the other direction so if you were able to sit on that beach you would be surrounded by amazing huge cliffs that provide amazing shade and wind protection. 

Nick took this one, obviously. I love it.

I think Nick probably took this one also because I tried to cut the grass out when I was taking them. This spot was probably my favorite.

We were really tempted to try to climb down to this little cave but I was afraid I was going to fall because it was pretty steep. I think I took this because I tried to cut out the mossy parts of the rock and Nick included them.

I believe this one to be Nick's work. Really amazing place.


I made Nick take this. He is such a great model for me and very patient when I tell him to stand on train tracks.


I hope you enjoyed! If you ever get the chance to just spend some time driving up and down Highway 1 in CA, I would highly recommend it. The beaches are so diverse and beautiful. 

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." -Isaiah 55:12

No comments:

Post a Comment