Monday, May 23, 2011

"I look like a tourist don't I?"

The rather peculiar title for this blog comes from this picture. This past weekend I was back in my home town for a couple days and so I decided to visit Carmel-By-The-Sea (apparently that's the official name. I've always called it simply Carmel.) Carmel is a quaint little town in the Monterey Bay known for being expensive and beautiful. I realized this odd tree stump and decided to take a picture. I then realized that with my little point and shoot camera the first thought people would have would be "wow, tourist much?" Not that there is anything at all wrong with being a tourist, however people from the area do tend to think they look a bit silly dressed for the wrong weather always with camera in hand, ect. I looked just like a tourist in my knit dress being that it wasn't that warm. 



If you are even in Carmel I would recommend that you spend a little gas to drive down Ocean Avenue all the way to the beach and just drive until it makes you turn left and then just follow that street back up the hill. It is positively one of the most picturesque drives in Monterey Bay and if you are on the passenger side you can get pictures like this out the window!

The one above in my favorite.

I loved that the water was so blue and bright that day because it generally has more of a grey or green tone. All are beautiful, this was just a bit unique.
Where's Waldo?

I hope you enjoyed!

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body" - C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the pictures. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings to you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pictures. so beautiful. I wish it was closer so I can experience it too. Awesome Waldo picture too!

    ReplyDelete