Hello Loves!
I thought I'd take a little time to share a bit more about the Daniel Fast I've been doing. If you're not quite sure what that is, check out this post.
A surprising number of people took interest in this experiment of mind and body so even though I don't have food pics, hopefully you'll still care about what I have to say.
The hardest part:
Coffee has been by far the hardest part of this fast. Surprisingly though, after the caffeine deprivation headaches went away after day 3 I haven't really been craving the caffeine or the taste of coffee so much as the social aspect of it. I love going to coffee shops and enjoying a nice mug of coffee over good conversation or maybe an artistic endeavor but that's not an option.
Since I have given myself herbal tea it has helped a lot but it's just not the same.
The easiest part:
Surprisingly miss cheese a lot less than expected. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE cheese and fully intend on eating it again at some point but I've been reminded that it isn't really a staple in my diet anyway so I should focus on it a bit less.
Also, the cooking has been a lot easier than I expected. I always have this idea that cooking really healthy and delicious meals has to be difficult and it's really not which is a great thing to have discovered!
Surprising Things:
I've learned that I'm no longer allergic to bananas which is awesome because you don't have to wash or cut them which is magical.
Also, I've lost 2 lbs! You may not find this surprising as I'm eating entirely vegan but it surprises me because I already ate pretty healthy by most standards. I don't eat fast food (with the rare exception of chipotle and subway) and I don't eat meat generally. I do however fall into the trap of "healthy" processed snacks often. Especially at Trader Joe's. They really have the greatest things. I think the real source of the weight loss has been that I'm not snacking mindlessly. I have to prepare everything that's not just a straight up raw fruit or veggie so I'm snacking less and when I do it's on things that have only nutrients and very few calories.
Also tied to the above is that I've replaced my coffee with water which is glorious for weight loss as well as for hair, skin, ect.
Another surprising thing, it's very affordable to eat this way! Especially here in San Diego where we have amazing stores like Sprouts, Trader Joe's, and Fresh and Easy all within a 10 or 15 mile radius of pretty much anywhere in the county. All of these are within 15 mins of my house. So amazing!
Now on to painting pottery, smooth transitions aren't my specialty so why bother?
A few weeks ago this ^ handsome man and I decided to buy a groupon to an awesome little pottery painting place about 30 mins from my house. It was so fun!
We both decided on mugs to paint because they were cheap and very practical. Mine took FOREVER because I had these grand ideas of it looking like one of those cute little eclectic mugs from Anthro or something. It does not and that's fine.
My mug left, Nick's right.
You're not mistaken, that's a dinosaur with a beard. My boyfriend is the coolest, it's okay to be a little jealous.
Another angle on Nick's masterpiece.
Overall I'd say that it was a really fun experience!!!
I'd definitely recommend that you give this a try. With the groupon it was only $20 for both of our mugs and a great afternoon, money well spent I'd say.
This post has been completely erratic and overall a mess but I hope you've enjoyed!





No comments:
Post a Comment