Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stephanie finally went to Yosemite!

After being made fun of by people who are not from California for essentially my whole life for having never been to Tahoe or Yosemite I have finally crossed one off the list! As expected, Yosemite was beautiful beyond compare. Unfortunately I was pretty sick for most of the trip and my camera was dying so I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked and I was in a pretty foul mood for most of it. Along with Yosemite, we went to Lake Millerton which is kind of near Fresno, CA. It was beautiful but again, due to being sick I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I might have normally because the heat really made me more sick. However, it was all in all a beautiful weekend and I am so glad I got to experience these natural beauties. The grandeur of Yosemite really made me contemplate how small humanity is and the fact that this was all here so long before we were. These were not made for us but rather we were made to experience these beautiful places, kind of mind blowing.


Yosemite! Unfortunately my poor little camera did terribly with the bigger skyline shots so the ones that turned out okay were mostly little details like this.

No zoom on this! No retouching either! we climbed about a mile up, not usually a far hike but when sick it was an effort, let me tell you, but it led to this bridge that allows you to STAND on top of the waterfall!!! Scary, but definitely amazing! 

Yosemite Falls was beautiful! So much water! You could hear boulders falling over the edge of the falls, crazy the power that these beauties produce.

Just a little stream in Yosemite. 


Big tree by our "campsite" at Lake Millerton. Campsite being in quotes because we were in a motor home so it wasn't actually camping at all. 

sailboat on the lake Thursday night. My focus was failing a bit on this trip. The downfalls of a point and shoot.

view of the lake from the campsite.

As the night progressed the pictures got better! I still like to put them all so everyone can see what I mean by the progress of the lighting.

Beautiful pink sky, no retouching at all on this.


More pictures to come that were taken on my boyfriend's camera. He has a point and shoot with a better zoom so he often lets me borrow it, he's so nice. Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend! Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

"For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals his thoughts to mankind. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads on the heights of the earth." - Amos 4:13a


No comments:

Post a Comment