This past weekend I was blessed to go to a really wonderful conference that Intervarsity Christian Fellowship put on. IV is an international organization that I have the honor to be a part of. The month of February this year has been dedicated to ethnic-specific conferences for Intervaristy which included one for Black students, one for Latino students, one for White students, and there will be one coming up for Asian and Pacific American students. You might be thinking, but this girl is white, why is she going to an ethnic-specific conference? Exactly. That's what I thought too! But bear with me!
Recently I have had the honor of hearing from some really amazing white anti-racist activists and being reminded of how real the issue of racism is and that I have the power to stand up against it myself and also to own my heritage and not feel personal guilt but rather to grow and learn and contribute to conversations that will help us all become more understanding. I will probably still be insensitive at times, and I hope that I will be called out on that. However, I have also realized that it is time to stop hiding from the fact that race is real and God made it that way for a reason(this has taken me 22 years to learn so bear with my naivete)! We each have a unique place in life and it is our job to make sure that each person gets to fully and equally understand that he or she is absolutely perfect and loved.
I would love to share more about that with you if you are interested. The photos below were taken in Sacramento, CA while I was visiting with a few friends and I realized as I was uploading them that they are all really colorful and it just made so much sense! I have more pictures but there were so many that others will probably show up in other posts down the road.
This is the wide shot of the first picture, essentially except that I took the first one and my friend Chelsea took this one of me. Gotta love random doorways in the middle of a city.
Amazing apartments!
We stumbled upon this quaint little community garden with tulips!
Vase? Interesting art instillations all over the place!
Another fantastic art instillation. These metal poles were probably 15 feet tall or more and we were able to walk through them and play and admire the colors. It was like a box of crayons we could sit in!
Some fun with the saturation. Look at the view!
I was sitting like this and Chelsea thought it would be a good picture.
Taken from sitting among the poles. So many colors!
I hope everyone's week is starting well! I hope this wasn't too word-y. I know I usually try to stick with the pictures but I really wanted to share my new revelations and goals with you all.
"19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," -Matthew 28:19









No comments:
Post a Comment