Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shades of gray

Have you ever noticed how some days are just gray? Not bad, not amazing, just gray. If ever a day has been, I suppose it would be today. I worked, pretended to do hw, did laundry, read a good book, drank tea, ate some decent food, and wasted time. Just gray. On gray days there is still so much to be thankful for. By saying today is gray I do not wish to belittle the blessings I have received in any way, just to acknowledge the ebbing and flowing of another day here on the 3rd planet out.

To commemorate this gray day I decided to convert some of my favorite pictures to grayscale. I have to say I rather like some of them better this way than the original. These were all taken 4 years ago during my trips to Washington, DC and NYC, New York. Hope you enjoy! 
I could not tell you where this was taken, but I have it hanging over my bed because I think it's beautiful.

From a street corner in DC. These trips were where I first started slowing my group down with picture taking.

The Lincoln memorial in DC. Such a beautiful place.

Doors to a Cathedral we sang at in NYC. 

View from our dinner cruise around the Statue of Liberty.

I hope you enjoyed! Obviously I did more than convert these to grayscale, I tweaked the contrast, sharpness, ect. Still in my experimental mode with the editing. I need to procure photoshop. Then I will be unstoppable!

"The color of truth is gray."
Andre Gide

No comments:

Post a Comment